Terms and conditions
1. All clients:
- Must have completed a Rider Registration Form before riding a horse. This will be countersigned after the lesson by an instructor.
- Must resubmit their Rider Registration Form if their details change (the responsibility falls to the parent/guardian if the child is under 18).
- New clients are required to attend a mandatory Assessment/Introduction Lesson before being allowed to book anything else. This allows us to ascertain your riding level.
- Previous clients returning to us after 12 months or more may be asked to complete another Assessment Lesson.
- We reserve the right to refuse you to ride a particular horse/pony if we feel that the safety of the rider or horse is in question.
- Instructors reserve the right to refuse to teach a client for any reason. You reserve the right to request another Instructor subject to availability.
2. Punctuality and arrival times:
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of the lesson/hack/pony ride to allow time for hat fitting.
- We aim to run on time and stick to the timetable, but occasionally lessons may run over time for whatever reason, so please bear with us.
- All bookings require a minimum of 48 hours notice from the booking day to cancel, for example if your lesson is on Saturday cancellation must be on the preceding Wednesday.
- Full fees are payable without exception, unless the relevant notice is given to terminate the lesson. Cancellation should be via telephone, text or in person. Please note we do not accept cancellations by email.
- We operate a No Refund Policy. This is a condition of booking.
- No credit or transfers are given for late cancellations. See our bad weather policy.
4. Bad weather or adverse conditions:
- Activities might be cancelled in extreme weather.
- You should call us on 09818485302 before you leave for the center if the weather is in doubt.
- Riding might be cancelled when the following weather or conditions are occurring:
Heavy rain and/or flooding.
Hurricane force winds.
Power failure (no lighting for outdoor school).
5. Vouchers purchases and redemption:
- It’s a condition of purchase that:
- The intended rider has no medical conditions that require doctors approval.
- Vouchers are valid for 365 days. No refunds available. All bookings are subject to availability.
6. Safety equipment and riding wear:
- Every time you handle a horse you are required to wear the appropriate P.P.E (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Riding Helmets:
Hats (all types): should be PAS015 or BSEN1384 standard (or better).
Must be worn and fastened at all times while riding a horse.
Must be worn and fastened at all times while handling or a horse.
We strongly advise all customers to purchase their own helmet as soon as possible.
We recommend against purchasing second hand riding helmets in case they have been damaged.
- Body protectors:
We can provide body protectors subject to availability.
We strongly recommend that you wear one whenever riding.
This is especially important if you take part in jumping classes.
We recommend you wear one whenever handling a horse.
- Riding footwear:
clients must wear appropriate footwear while riding. Allowed footwear:
Leather riding boots
- Disallowed Footwear:
- We reserve the right to refuse footwear we deem unsafe. We recommend toe protection whenever handling a horse.
- Jewellery: you should not wear jewellery of any kind, anything you wear you do so at your own risk. It’s the parents responsibility to check their child isn’t wearing jewellery.
- There are No Entry type signs and notices posted around the facility, you must acknowledge and obey them, ignoring them is at your own risk.
- There is no entry into the the house and house grounds. Maximum speed 5mph on the premises.
- Movement of horses & ponies and farm equipment around the yard and surrounding areas is unavoidable and we ask you to give way to them at all times.
- We have many different warning signs all over the grounds, they are there for a reason, you must obey them. We reserve the right to ask you to leave the grounds at any time if we think you are a danger to yourself.
- We have a strict no smoking policy, if you are caught you will be asked to leave. We can’t be held responsible for any damage to your transportation while on the premises/grounds.
- We can’t be held responsible for damage, theft or loss of your personal property while it’s on the premises. All animals are unpredictable, do not feed the horses & ponies at any time. Don’t enter any field, or paddock unless authorised.
- RIDING IS A RISK SPORT – your choice to ride is voluntary. We take all reasonable care to provide suitable and safe horses and ponies for all our clients. No video or phone video to be published on youtube or similar websites without Jackie Russells consent.
8. Agreement of terms:
- If you do not agree with any of our Terms and Conditions, then you do not have permission to enter the premises and any bookings are null and void. Our no Cancellation Policy applies in this situation. Because our Terms and Conditions are available online and on request at any time, you have every opportunity to read them before booking any activity and a refund will not be available on failure to accept them.